WHAT ARE MY APPRAISAL OPTIONS IF AN APPRAISER CAN’T GO INSIDE THE HOME?
Red River Group has developed a number of options to assist with your appraisal requirements due to interior site-visits not being possible. These include, but are not limited to:
- Desktop and Drive-by appraisals (these are not impeded by the current environment).
- Exterior site visit only with homeowners supplying interior photos and appraisers viewing of the home through windows. Our professional standards will permit this if disclosed within the report and invoking assumptions.
- In situations where the appraiser does not feel as though the photos supplied by homeowners are adequate in order to complete the appraisal, we can also look into facilitating live video tours via Zoom (or another mutually agreed upon platform).
- If a home or building is vacant and we are able to make arrangements to get inside without any personal contact, we are still able to complete interior inspections.
- For commercial, agricultural and machinery and equipment appraisals as well as reserve fund studies, arrangements are being considered on a case by case basis.