INFORMATION FOR HOMEOWNERS GETTING AN APPRAISAL COMPLETED
Due to the current health emergency, we are no longer conducting on-site interior inspections unless a home or building is vacant. We will continue to complete exterior inspections which will include taking exterior photos and measurements and where necessary and appropriate, viewing parts of the home through exterior windows. The appraiser assigned to you will provide you with the date and time in which they will be visiting your property. We ask that you (and/or your tenants) stay inside during this time to avoid any contact with our appraisers while on site.
To ensure we’re still able to provide accurate appraisal reports, we’re requesting additional assistance from homeowners. Please provide us with the following:
- Current interior photos of the building. Please email these directly to the appraiser you are working with. We will also need consent from you to use these photos in the appraisal report (see below).
- Any pertinent building specifications or information you may have (this may include blueprints, measurements, a list of recent renovations, etc.). Please share these details with the appraiser you are working with.
- If necessary, we may also ask to arrange a time with you for us to complete an inspection of your property via a live video call (Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- Zoom: Click here to download “Zoom Client for Meetings.” Once downloaded, simply click on the link sent by your assigned appraiser at your pre-arranged meeting time and follow the prompts that appear on your screen.
- Ensure all lights are on before taking your photos
- Photos 1MB or less are preferred (if you’re unable to do this, let us know and we can accommodate larger file sizes)
- Take clear photos of all aspects of the property
- Avoid obstructions in the photos
- Provide the date in which the photo was taken (all photos need to be recent)
- Email the photos to your assigned appraiser appraiser (if the files are too big to email, contact your appraiser for alternative options)
We will need photos of the following:
- All bedrooms
- All bathrooms
- Living room / family room
- Den / office / additional rooms
- Mechanical (not required for condominium apartments where panel is not in the unit)
- Any other features / areas of concern
Click here for a PDF checklist to download and print
We need consent from property occupants in order to use the photos you’ve sent us in our appraisal reports. Please complete the consent form below (one consent form per property/unit) or download a PDF version here which can be completed and emailed to your assigned appraiser.