COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AT RED RIVER GROUP
We have implemented new protocols regarding interior site-visits. Exterior site-visits will continue to take place.
The Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) has recommended that all its members enhance their COVID-19 response related to property inspections for all residential, commercial and agricultural appraisals. These enhanced protocols, out of an abundance of caution, make interior site inspections of properties challenging. As such, we are changing the way in which we conduct inspections. For a full list of inspection options, click here.
Interior inspections will continue for all residential, commercial and agricultural appraisals where buildings are:
- Vacant (no owners/occupants present)
- Under construction (including for progress inspections)
In the event a building cannot be vacated, interior inspections will be completed by:
- Exterior window viewing at time of exterior inspection of property where practical
- Phone and/or email interview with owner and owner supplied pictures as of the appraisal effective date
- If required, virtual tours of the interior facilitated by the appraiser utilizing technology platforms approved by Red River Group (such as video calling through Zoom or What’s App)
In exceptional cases, where deemed necessary by the appraiser, an interior inspection of a building may be conducted with enhanced COVID-19 protocols such as, but not limited to:
- Occupants being in a separate area of the building than appraiser during inspection that well exceeds two meters
- Limited contact of surfaces by the appraiser
- Appraiser required to employ appropriate personal protection equipment
- Phone and/or email interview with owner following interior inspection
Site visits will continue for all residential, commercial and agricultural appraisals for exterior inspection purposes. No personal interactions with owners/occupants will be initiated.
Inspections will include:
- Measurements of all site improvements
- Full inspection of the exterior of site improvements
- Exterior pictures of site improvements
Should any of your clients/members have any questions or concerns related to site visits please encourage them to ask the appraiser assigned to their file and we will do what we can, within our professional practice standards, to accommodate.
General questions about our protocols and turn-around times can be directed to Gordon Daman:
Red River Group President
855-371-5833 ext. 200